Scarlett 2i4 is a great USB interface and a favourite here at Bounce!
Scarlett 2i4 is a 2 in / 4 out USB audio interface featuring two award-winning Focusrite pre-amps and four high-quality audio outputs. Housed in an anodised aluminium unibody chassis, the Scarlett 2i4 is the perfect audio interface for musicians and digital DJs.
Connect Scarlett 2i4 to your Mac or PC and get ready to make music! With the very best in digital audio technology and a variety of input and output options, the Scarlett 2i4 will capture and playback your sound with superb quality.
Plug straight in
The front panel has two combo XLR inputs so you can connect microphones, guitars and line level signals with absolute confidence that your sound is in safe hands. Use the “PAD” function for loud guitars or microphones, and use the “DIRECT MONITOR” control for a low-latency mix of input and playback signals.
Unique signal halos let you know that you’ve got a good audio level for recording. Green is good and red means that your audio is too loud, and that your should lower the level control.
Flexible monitoring options
With 4 RCA outputs, a high-level headphone output and pristine audio quality, in a package ready for the road, the Scarlett 2i4 is ideal for today's digital performers and laptop DJs.
- Focusrite mic preamps
- High Quality Mic Preamps
- Scarlett 2i4 features two high quality award-winning mic preamps. With more than 25 years of experience designing analogue equipment, Focusrite produce the best mic preamps in the industry. With Scarlett 2i4, the best of analogue and digital are combined to provide a class-leading input stage for your audio.
- High quality outputs
- High Quality Outputs
- With a dynamic range of over 105dB (real world performance), your music will sound amazing going out of Scarlett 2i4’s professional digital to analogue conversion, and into your DJ mixer, main speakers or headphones.
- MIDI I/O
On the back panel are MIDI IN and MIDI OUT ports providing connectivity to your synth modules and digital pianos.
USB bus powered
Take your Scarlett 2i4 anywhere! With USB bus powering, your Scarlett 2i4 will work anywhere your laptop will, even when using 48V Phantom power. No mains power supply required.
The anodised aluminium unibody chassis ensures that your Scarlett 2i4 can withstand life on the road, and looks great in your setup.
Unique Signal Halos
The gain halos which surround the gain knob for each input provide an easy way to know that the signal you’re recording is the right level. It will show green when the signal is at a good level (above -24dBFS). If it turns to red, you know that the signal is too loud and is therefore clipping – if this happens, simply reduce the gain until the halo returns to green.
Direct Monitor Function
Turn the direct monitor control on the front panel of your Scarlett 2i4 and you will hear what you are recording through your speakers or headphones, without the signal having to go through your Mac or PC. This avoids the possibility of latency (introduced by your music software), which can be distracting while recording.
Included software for Mac and PC
Inside the box you’ll find a code which will unlock Ableton Live Lite 8, as well as Focusrite’s Scarlett plug-in suite. Compatible with all major DAWs (digital audio workstations) on Mac and PC, Scarlett plug-in suite provides EQ, Compression, Gate and Reverb – essential tools for polishing your mix.
- 2 in / 4 out USB audio interface
- 96 KHz, 24-bit conversion
- 2 Focusrite microphone preamplifiers
- Red anodised aluminium unibody chassis
- 2 line/mic/instrument combination inputs - high quality XLR/ ¼ “ TRS Jack Combo
- 2 line/inst switches
- 2 illuminating “PAD” buttons
- 2 Gain knobs
- 2 Gain halo signal indicators
- 48V Phantom power switch
- MIDI activity LED indicator
- USB connection LED indicator
- “DIRECT MONITOR” control
- “STEREO/MONO” switch for direct monitor
- Large monitor level dial (controls headphone and line level outputs)
- Headphone output - ¼” TRS Jack
- Headphone level knob
- “HEADPHONE SOURCE” switch
- 2 balanced monitor outputs – TRS (channels 1-2)
- 4 unbalanced outputs – RCA Phono (channels 1-4)
- MIDI IO
- USB 2.0 Port
- Kensington Lock slot
- Ableton Live Lite 8
- Focusrite Scarlett plug-in suite
- Novation Bass Station
- Loopmasters content